Tuesday, May 20, 2008

They Have All the Answers

What "they" am I talking about here? The customers. That's who.
I was talking with Anu Sanghvi, one of the very smart product managers at my client, PayCycle. We were discussing a new service enhancement that she's working on bringing to market; talking about features, benefits, pros and cons. I was asking her "why?", "why", "why"?
"Why did you decide to do that?" "Why did you make that decision?" "Why did you include that and not this"? You get the picture. Being a general pain in the side.
But trying to get enough insight to understand her thinking.
Finally, she looked at me long and hard and said, "I just asked the customers. They have all the answers. All we have to do is listen."
Aha, yes. So true.
All we have to do is listen.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

your blog is looking very good! And that picture to the left is beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Samantha! Just got that new photo :)